Hollander Design Landscape Architects: Landscape Architect/ Landscape Designer
Posted: Thursday, March 24, 2022
Hollander Design Landscape Architects seeks a landscape architect/ landscape designer with 4+ years of professional experience to join our Residential Studio in our New York Office.
We’re a nationally recognized and growing AD100 design firm working on exciting projects from the Hamptons to Hong Kong. Our works covers a wide range of scales with a focus on private residences, urban rooftops, parks, campuses, historic landscapes and luxury real estate development. We believe in a family-first work environment that balances life with work. And in doing best-in-class landscape architecture because excellence makes us happy. Our work centers around responding to three ecologies in every project: the site’s ecology, the architectural ecology, and the human ecology.
We’re looking for candidates who:
- Like working cheerfully and effectively in a small-team setting on a wide range of project types.
- Are excited by the hands-on nature of work that includes physically sketching in addition to computer rendering; getting out into the field for construction administration and placing plant material.
- Are ready to be a part of an always-learning environment that regularly offers continuing education opportunities
- Share our commitment to thoughtful, innovative design solutions appropriate to three ecologies: the site’s ecology, its architectural ecology and its human ecology.
- Are eager to be a part of a fast-paced and rigorous design process that results in outstanding built work with a high level of detailing.
- Experience in contributing to complex projects from schematic design through construction documentation and implementation.
- Experience in high-end, single family residential design, urban private rooftops or small-scale commercial development
- Highly organized with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced studio environment
- Strong Technical Skills (Grading and Construction Details)
- Experience with Lumion, Rhino or other 3-D rendering programs
- Strong hand rendering and digital graphic skills.
- Proficient in AutoCAD v2013, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketchup and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited landscape architecture program
- A working knowledge of plant material
- Professional licensure
This is a full-time position. Salary is commensurate with experience. Some travel maybe required. Position is for immediate hire.
Hollander Design is a well-established firm with a strong project base. We are an equal opportunity employer offering a creative and dynamic work environment across multiple offices. Benefits include:
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Transit Plan Allowing Pre-Tax Expenses
- Holiday and Vacation Pay
- Medical and Dental Coverage
- Performance Bonus Plan
- Vibrant urban neighborhood in the heart of Union Square
- Please email resume and project examples to the attention of [email protected].
- Send portfolio and resume as .pdf attachments (max. 10MB). Please do not send as a link to an outside site.
Salary is commensurate with experience. This is a full-time position. Some travel maybe required. Position is for immediate hire.
New York, NY
Number of Positions: