HARRISON GREEN – MID-LEVEL TO SENIOR LANDSCAPE DESIGNER/ARCHITECT
Posted: Tuesday, January 3, 2023
HARRISON GREEN, is a full-service design, installation and maintenance firm based in New York City. From our Bushwick, Brooklyn Studio, Warehouse and Nursery, we work on exciting residential and hospitality projects of all scales throughout New York City and beyond.
Our collaborative environment and philosophy place a high value on design contribution at all phases of a project’s development. Designers in our studio stay involved in projects from beginning to final installation – a holistic approach that keeps craft and detail at the forefront of our work. This is a unique opportunity to take a ‘deep dive’ into all facets of design and execution – including working alongside our highly skilled installation and maintenance practices.
We are currently seeking mid-level and senior creative and highly skilled applicants for an immediate full-time landscape design position in our award-winning studio. The ideal candidates are landscape designers/architects with a minimum of 4 years of experience who thrives in a fast-paced and creative environment (you will most likely have three to four projects built in your first year here!). Additionally, they will excel at design and graphic communication, will have robust experience with the design and construction of complex projects, and will be eager to actively contribute to and actively help shape our culture of design.
Preferred skills and qualities:
- Minimum 4 years professional experience, preferably in an urban setting
- Excellent design and graphic skills
- Passionate about design and horticulture
- Demonstrated documentation and construction administration experience on complex projects
- Project management/project coordination experience
- Demonstrated the ability to successfully work directly with clients and other consultants
- Strong time management, critical thinking and organizational skills
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Exemplary skills in AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, Excel, and the Adobe Creative Suite
- Able to effectively lead, attend and participate in client and consultant meetings
- Able to work with senior colleagues in a collaborative studio environment
- Ability to take direction
- Horticultural knowledge preferred but not essential
- Desire to work both in the studio and outdoors
- Positive attitude, self-motivated, dependable, hard-working, honest (& fun!)
- High standard of workmanship and presentation
- Ability to respect and maintain confidentiality
- The opportunity is open to applicants worldwide who are eligible for a work visa in the United States.
If you are interested in joining our team, we would love to hear from you!
- cover letter (pdf, tell us about yourself!)
- portfolio (pdf, 10mb max.)
- resume/cv (pdf)
- contact information for 2-3 references
Please send materials in pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will carefully consider your application during our initial screening and will contact you if you are selected for an interview in person or by videoconference.
Salary, Benefits – $75,000 - $100,000, commensurate with experience
Number of Positions:
Brandon Cappellari, Director of Design