DTS Provident – Entry-Level and Mid-Level Landscape Designer/Architect
Posted: Wednesday, January 18, 2023
Based in White Plains, New York, DTS Provident is a team of land use professionals who help clients to achieve successful and sustainable development projects. DTS Provident serves a wide range of private and public clients within the New York metropolitan area and beyond, on projects ranging from the adaptive reuse of office and institutional facilities to residential communities, mixed-use developments and recreational sites.
Our staff includes land planners, civil engineers, landscape architects and engineering technology professionals with considerable experience in conceiving and implementing intelligent land use solutions. The size and organization of our firm ensures that all employees regularly interact with senior level management, interface with members of the in-house planning and design team, and can be involved in all aspects of the design and construction of our projects. With the majority of our projects in the NY metro area, we are invested in the places where we work and live. We encourage a positive work-life balance and active participation in our local communities. To learn more about our firm, please visit our website at https://dtsprovident.com/.
We are currently seeking energetic, thoughtful and creative individuals, including an entry-level Landscape Designer and a mid-level Landscape Architect, to become integral members of our firm and collaborate with staff, consultants, and clients on a wide range of assignments.
Entry-level Landscape Designer (0-2 years experience) – Responsibilities may include:
- Site inventory and analysis (in field and in office), feasibility and master plan studies
- Site planning and design, including layout, grading, site lighting and landscaping
- Visual analyses, photographic and 3D simulations
Mid-level Landscape Architect (3-5 years experience) – In addition to the above, responsibilities may include:
- Project team management of tasks and activities to meet deadlines and deliverables
- Coordinating applications to municipal boards and agencies for approvals or permits
- Presentation of ideas and interaction with clients and other consultants
- Construction administration including site observations
You will optimally have a BLA or MLA (one required) as well as:
- Excellent site analysis, site planning, landscape design, graphic and documentation abilities
- Developed written and verbal communication skills
Proficiency in or aptitude to learn software:
- Microsoft Office, Bluebeam, PowerPoint or alternative
- AutoCAD, Land F/X, Civil 3D, ARC GIS, site lighting software
- Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp, Rhino
- Interest in multidisciplinary practice particularly with land planners and civil engineers
We offer qualified candidates a competitive salary and benefits package, the opportunity to join a dynamic and supportive multi-disciplinary team, and the potential to grow professionally. Commensurate with experience, the salary range for the Entry-level Landscape Designer is $55,000-$70,000 and for the Mid-level Landscape Architect is $70,000-$85,000. Full time employees are eligible for health insurance; life insurance; sick days, holidays, personal days and vacation time; 401k program; and reimbursement for professional development activities.
If interested, please e-mail a letter of interest, resume and work samples to: HR@dtsprovident.com
Commensurate with experience, $55,000-$70,000 for Entry-level Landscape Designer; $70,000-$85,000 for Mid-level Landscape Architect
White Plains, NY
Number of Positions: