DIrtworks Landscape Architecture: Landscape Designer/ Architect
Posted: Wednesday, March 2, 2022
Employer: Dirtworks Landscape Architecture PC
Location: New York, NY, US
Type: Full Time
Dirtworks Landscape Architecture PC was founded on the belief that excellence in design can heighten life’s experiences, honoring both site and individual to offer opportunities that connect each to the larger world. We
believe that design is a social art, best practiced in collaboration. Guided by thorough research, we work closely with our clients and other professionals to understand and celebrate each project’s unique context. By joining
thoughtful design concepts with carefully crafted details and folding new technologies into time-honored practice, we are dedicated to linking our built environment and natural ecology in ways that brings out the best in both.
Dirtworks is currently looking for a talented and highly motivated landscape designer with 0-3 years of experience to join our team. Interested applicants should have a strong design and graphic sensibility, be a naturally curious
problem solver, and thrive in a collaborative and fast-paced work environment. The applicant will be expected to support senior staff in all aspects of the design process from site analysis and concept development through technical documentation and construction administration. As our office is transitioning to hybrid work, some training will occur remotely.
• 0-3 years professional experience in the field.
• BA/BS/BLA/MLA degree in Landscape Architecture.
• High level of professionalism and excellent organizational skills.
• Strong graphic production, visualization, and rendering skills.
• Adept and eager to develop skills in technical documentation and construction knowledge.
• Proficiency in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, Rhino and/or SketchUp.
• Excellent writing skills, with the ability to independently research, write and edit compelling content.
• A working knowledge of plant material is preferred, although not required.
• An interest in pursuing professional licensure is preferred, although not required.
• Willingness to travel.
• Additional skills including hand-drawing, architectural photography, GIS, and/or a foreign language are all a plus.
Please send your resume, cover letter, and portfolio to [email protected] and address them to Principal Alex Hart. Dirtworks Landscape Architecture, PC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
New York, NY / Remote
Number of Positions: