Director of Landscape Architecture
Posted: Monday, March 22, 2021
B. Thayer Associates’ Landscape Architecture Department is projecting an increased workload as agencies issue new contracts and restart projects. Our culture promotes great ideas and is passionate to shape the landscape itself into a distinct vision for our clients.
We are currently seeking an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our team as the Director of Landscape Architecture based out of our Long Island City office. The Director of Landscape Architecture will be part of a multi-disciplinary design team that includes architects, civil, structure, landscape architects, certified arborists and survey engineers. The Director of Landscape Architecture will be responsible for leading the growth, development and management of Landscape Architecture services companywide on numerous types of projects including parks & recreation, infrastructure, transportation, residential, open space, commercial and urban projects throughout the greater New York region.
This role will involve client interaction and representation of our practice for projects, project pursuits, promotional events and business development in collaboration with our practice leadership, including a lead role in the participation of strategic pursuits and RFQ’s & RFP’s.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Landscape Architecture
- Registered Landscape Architect in the State of New York
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant office and field experience
- ISA Certified Arborist
- OSHA and LEED Certified
- Ability to work with multidiscipline’ s within the Firm to collaborate on projects
- Experience working on public/ private projects with an emphasis in municipal, county and state infrastructure and transportation sectors
- Experience with community, parks, trails, streetscapes, wetlands, open space design & urban planning
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with a proficiency in Microsoft Office, familiarity with Rivet and Deltek Vison and other data management software
- Ability to prepare, manage and review project schedules, reports, specifications, budgets and contracts
- Detailed oriented and can meet frequent proposal and project deadlines
- Responsible for achieving project profitability within parameters specified by the firm and targeted for each project. Work with firms’ accountants to monitor financial aspects of projects. Ensure proper forecasting, billing, timely collection and related business practices. Must track the budgets and schedule for all active projects.
- Assure that technical quality of projects is achieved and enforced application of QA/QC process standards and requirements
- May assist with the development and implementation of the firms’ business, financial success, alignment and management of office resources, staff growth, and development, champion technical quality initiatives, design practice integration and project process leadership. Prepare responses to RFP’s and calculate level of effort for proposals.
- Ability to foster a learning environment and mentor Landscape Architecture Staff
B. Thayer Associates offers competitive salaries and an expansive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Disability, Life and Vision Insurance as well as a 401k Plan, and an employee friendly workplace.
B. Thayer Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/V/D.
Long Island City
Number of Positions: