Director of Greenbelt Native Plant Center
Posted: Wednesday, October 13, 2021
- With wide latitude for the exercise of independent judgment and initiative, and responsibility for management and operations of the GNPC, oversee the Nursery Manager, Plant Production Manager, Deputy Director and all plant production activities and operations of the 12-acre site and its programmatic areas. Oversee planning and coordination of all satellite native plant production facilities for FHNR. Report to and receive direction and guidance from Chief of the Division of Forestry, Horticulture and Natural Resources.
- Oversee operation of the GNPC office, including supervision of office staff on issues relating to personnel, timekeeping, and purchasing and receiving. Oversee bookkeeping and reporting related to nursery plant and seed production, contracts, and budgets. Plan annual budgets and purchases.
- Prepare and oversee external contracts, for example to increase seed production or grow native plants as consolidated orders.
- Oversee goal setting, work plans, project & program management and reporting, fielding of new requests for collaboration and services, and integration of these with other FHNR natural resource programs and operations through coordination with other FHNR senior staff.
- Develop and execute communication and development goals for GNPC, including identifying and applying for grants, providing nursery tours, participating in field visits, speaking at public forums, and conferences.
- Oversee communications with the NYC Parks Staten Island Borough Office and with Citywide Services to manage emergency and on-going repairs and improvements.
- Identify, develop scope of work for, and report on staffing and resource needs, including capital new needs related to physical plant.
- Direct science and education related mission of GNPC, including volunteers, interns, and educational partnerships.
- Lead FHNR native plant services and optimization planning for all plant production facilities (including seed production sites and FHNR Citywide Nursery) to evaluate and eventually implement plans for increased effectiveness in meeting restoration and biodiversity missions.
$95,000 - $100,000
Staten Island, NYC, NY
Number of Positions: