Direct Sales Representative
Posted: Thursday, September 16, 2021
KOMPAN, the world’s leader in commercial playground and outdoor exercise equipment solutions to the K-12, Government and Commercial industry, is looking to hire a Direct Sales Representative. This a great opportunity to represent fun and fitness, leave a lasting impact on your community and join a globally recognized brand.
In this role, you will work remotely from a home office and leverage opportunities for projects that are $10k – $1M+ in value. We offer a base salary, amazing benefits and uncapped commission. Our mission is to create healthier and happier communities. Come join us!
- B2B Sales Business Development
- Direct selling and promoting of KOMPAN products to industry targets within a given region
- Highly activity-based sales (hunting, networking, cold calling)
- Deep relationship building with key stakeholders and understanding their role in the buying process
- Create demand through Architectural presentations
- Manage territory by prospecting and targeting accounts by market segment
- Maintain pipeline and drive sales cycle
- Create product awareness for current and future customers
- Identify and assess relevant industry organizations, tradeshows, and then plan, manage and execute meaningful participation in them
- Successful reps develop and employ hands on practical knowledge of the equipment
- Prepare sales quotations, negotiate with customers
- Municipalities, Housing, Schools, Faith-Based, Daycare, Landscape Architects, Hospitality, Retail
- Utilize CRM system to increase insights, forecasting, follow-up and track sales pipeline
- Must be organized, some areas have up to 500 potential customers to manage
- Utilize design tools to realize customer’s unique product or project needs
- Comfortable presenting in person or via video teleconference
Education & Experience
- BA/BS preferred but not required
- 5 years of direct, outside sales strongly preferred (at least 3 required)
- Experience in a high “activity-based” environment (12 – 15 meetings per week)
- Experience being measured through a CRM system
- Base Salary
- Increase commission % based on increased volumes
- Uncapped commission potential
- 15 PTO days per year
- Holidays – 10 per year
- 401(k) – with matching provision
- Competitive medical, dental, vision
- This is a remote position and candidates must live in the specified territory
- Result demands require 3 qualified visits per day (or 15 a week)
Our Kompan colleagues were not developed overnight. We provide training, mentoring and time to get your head around this role. Our culture is focused on achieving business goals through teamwork while maintaining a sustainable work/life balance. We are determined on being the industry leader in all aspects, therefore we are looking for talent who will go on the journey with us.
KOMPAN offers industry competitive salaries with an excellent health, vision, and dental plan, plus 401(k) matching. If this sounds appealing, we would love to hear from you! Please include a cover letter explaining why you would be a great fit for this role.
KOMPAN is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. All employment is based on qualifications, merit, and business needs.
Base and Uncapped Commissions
New York City Area (Queens & Brooklyn)
Number of Positions: