Joanna Pertz Landscape Architecture 68 Jay Street, Suite 820, Brooklyn NY 11201 t: 718.797.1106 w: joannapertz.com
Position for Hire
Landscape Designer (Mid – Level)
Joanna Pertz Landscape Architecture (JPLA) is seeking a full-time landscape designer with 3-6 years of experience to join our team.
Location: DUMBO Brooklyn, New York
Joanna Pertz Landscape Architecture (JPLA) is a small, dynamic, award- winning design studio based in Dumbo since 2005. JPLA has built a portfolio of landscape design work that includes a range of project types and scales set in New York City and its surrounds. Projects include hospital campuses, multi-family residential developments, courtyards, terraces and rooftops, public waterfront parks and small private gardens. JPLA also provides landscape maintenance long-term oversight for select clients. The studio fosters a collaborative environment and places a high value on design, sustainability and the craft of built work.
We are looking for a highly motivated, creative, and experienced individual to join the studio. The candidate should have 3+ years’ experience and possess the desire, skills, and capability to manage projects and to carry out production on the full range of the practice’s work from concept studies, graphics and renderings to construction documentation, detailing, specifications and construction administration. The position will also entail contributing to non-project work that may include contributions to awards submissions, marketing, promotional materials, work on landscape maintenance oversight, site visits with travel within New York City and surrounding areas.
Salary is commensurate with experience. The position is for immediate hire.
JPLA, PC is an equal opportunity employer.
Bachelors in Landscape Architecture (BLA) or graduate degree in accredited Landscape Architecture program
- At least 3+ years experience working in a professional Landscape Architecture practice
- Facility with Landscape Technical Skills – Grading, Planting Design, Detailing and Construction Documents
- Construction Documents Management – Ability to Set up and Manage Drawing Sets
- Graphic sensibility – especially in producing illustrative plans, diagrams, and Perspective / 3D renderings
- Facility in crafting design presentations including sourcing design precedents and laying out graphics
- Experience communicating professionally with clients and consultants
- High level of English language writing and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of native and adaptive plants (Northeastern US)
- Ability to multi task and manage workload across multiple projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of horticulture / landscape maintenance experience is a plus
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, Adobe CCS, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge of Rhino/Sketch up is a plus
Willingness to both take initiative and ownership and to collaborate and accept feedback
- Hard working
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong graphic sensibility
- Positive and professional
- High degree of self-motivation, flexibility and resourcefulness
- Interest in bringing new ideas that will advance project / firm work
How To Apply
We want to know about your personal and professional experience in design, and how your unique perspective will contribute to our team. Interested candidates should submit
- 1-3 PDFs with resume, portfolio and samples of construction documents/detailing. The total file size of submitted materials should not exceed 20 MB.
- Please do not include links to download your submission; they will not be acknowledged.
- Please send this package to the attention of [email protected]
- Due to the quantity of applications we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.