Capital Planning Manager – Reimagine The Canals
Posted: Friday, April 16, 2021
NYPA is seeking a Capital Planning Manager to support NYPA’s efforts executing the capital projects for reimagining the New York State Canal System, turning a high-level vision into an actionable and implementable plan. Reporting to the Vice President—Planning for Reimagine the Canals, the candidate is expected to guide the execution of canal adaptive reuse capital projects. The Capital Planning Manager will apply project management principles and practices to capital projects that encompass considerable scope and complexity. The Capital Planning Manager will provide an overview and coordination with all NYPA PM Project Control activities. The Capital Planning Manager may also lead the planning and development of projects such as camping installations and the adaptive reuse of canal buildings for hospitality uses.
- Support the Vice President–Planning for Reimagine the Canals and the Reimagine team in the planning and development of capital economic development and resilience projects.
- Provide initial overall direction for Reimagine the Canals capital projects to NYPA Project Management for implementation and continue to provide planning and strategy input throughout the project lifecycle.
- Manage design and technical consultants in the production of feasibility studies and master plans.
- Manage reviews of engineering and construction documents to confirm adherence to overall master plans.
- Prepare scopes of work and other documents for the procurement of planning consultants.
- Oversee technical and project management aspects of design and engineering of canal area infrastructure, amenities, and adaptive reuse as developed during the planning phase.
- Manage capital budgets, consultant fees, and project schedules.
- Coordinate with NYPA and Canal staff, and various engineering, environmental, legal, operations, and preservation resources and permitting authorities to ensure that project development progresses in line with master plans.
- Provide design and construction expertise to review capital project documents at scheduled intervals throughout the design process.
Number of Positions: