Bryant Park Corporation and the 34th Street Partnership – Project Landscape Architect
Posted: Friday, January 5, 2024
The Bryant Park Corporation and the 34th Street Partnership are hiring a full-time Project Landscape Architect. The two award-winning not-for-profit Business Improvement Districts operating under a single management structure, share a mission to improve the quality of the commercial, physical, and public space environments in Midtown Manhattan.
This is a dynamic job with a wide range of responsibilities that vary seasonally. The Project Landscape Architect is skilled in visual communications and conveying design concepts clearly including presentation graphics, and assists with the execution of public space, streetscape, and urban design projects in both districts. They will join a multidisciplinary in-house Design & Construction team that includes professionals with backgrounds in architecture, landscape architecture, urban design, electrical construction, carpentry, and several multi-skilled technicians and craftsman; and work within an office that includes departments of Events, Horticulture, Information Technology, Sanitation, Operations, Retail and Visitor Services, Security, and Digital Media.
This is a full time in-person (not remote) position starting in February 2024. Office hours are typically Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. with one hour for lunch. The position involves outdoor work. Due to the nature of managing field work, candidates must be willing to work occasionally at nights and on weekends.
Responsibilities (included but not limited to)
- Develop innovative and creative design solutions for a variety of project types, including parks, plazas, and streetscapes including visual representations
- Prepare detailed construction documents, specifications, and cost estimates
- Assist in the implementation of projects of all sizes, including a large number of small projects at any given time in park and plaza spaces, large scale public events, placemaking for events and programs, and other public space and urban design projects
- Assist with contract procurement including development of RFPs, as well as quality control and implementation of field construction, field observation, site visits, permitting and approvals processes
- Reports directly to Vice President of Capital Projects and works with interdisciplinary in-house teams on projects as required
- A minimum of 5-7 years of relevant professional experience with public space design and construction practices. Experience working for private sector organization(s) preferred
- Proven ability to develop creative and technically sound design solutions. Excellent 2D and 3D design skills with a strong understanding of construction details and specifications
- Bachelor’s degree in landscape architecture, architecture, or civil engineering required
- Excellent communication, collaboration and presentation skills and ability to prepare and perform presentations. Experience with 3D modeling and physical model building a plus
- Knowledge and proficiency of AutoCAD, Revit, Rhino, Grasshopper, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Must be authorized to work lawfully in the United States
The position’s compensation includes competitive benefits: Paid Time Off, 403(b) Retirement Plan, Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vison Insurance, Health Care Savings Acct., etc. with employer matching contribution, and other allowances
$80,000 - $120,000 based on skills and experience
Number of Positions: