Associate / Project Manager – MARTHA SCHWARTZ PARTNERS
Posted: Thursday, January 7, 2021
Martha Schwartz Partners (MSP) is a leading international design practice whose work focuses on activating and regenerating urban sites and city centers. Situated at the intersection of public realm, urban design and site-specific art, MSP has 40 years of experience designing and implementing award-winning installations, plazas, parks, institutional landscapes, corporate headquarters, master plans, and urban regeneration projects.
Our strong portfolio of European, Middle Eastern, Asian, Australian and U.S.-based projects leads us to look for creative, passionate, well-structured and proactive designers of the highest caliber to join our talented and international teams in New York and London.
You will be working closely with senior partners and design directors to develop creative and innovative design concepts that aim to push the boundaries of contemporary landscape architecture. We offer long-term opportunities and room to develop and further your career within a stimulating environment, as well as a competitive salary.
- Excellent design, communication and coordination skills, including the ability to sketch/develop designs on paper as well as digitally
- Self-starter with a desire to expand their own knowledge and skills within a design-focused practice.
- Experience of working directly with clients and other consultants
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in project teams
- Ability to work across multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience in working on multiple scales and typologies varying from master planning to smaller scale landscapes
- A keen listener and exceptional communicator matched complemented by strong design and graphic skills that can be expressed in a variety of formats.
- Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal and communication skills for effective interaction with clients, approval authorities and the public.
- Makes recommendations for process improvements and assists the Director`s in the implementation of office processes, systems, and procedures.
- Assists in the research, adoption, and deployment of innovative approaches to internal workflows and design technologies and can mentor team members on building materials and construction technology, materials and installation and technical detailing
- Experience overseeing staff in the technical execution of work but fully competent at Rhino, Lumion, Grasshopper, AutoCAD, and Adobe AI/PSD/INDD.
- Professional degree in Landscape Architecture, Urbanism or Architecture with at least 8-10 years of experience in developing designs for complex, international landscape architecture projects plus field experience
- Applicants whose primary qualifications are not in landscape architecture must have at least 5 years’ experience working in a landscape design office and/or on primarily landscape design projects.
- High-level of English language skills (written and spoken)
- International experience
- Demonstrated Revit/Building Information Modelling (BIM) experience
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Parametric design (Grasshopper)
- Experience in 3D printing
- Construction documentation and specification writing experience
- Immediate availability
- Relevant working permit
- Fluency in languages other than English, including Arabic and Chinese
Responsibilities will include:
- Defines design issues and synthesizes site inventory and analysis
- Generates/develops design concepts
- Assists with the preparation and oversight of presentation graphics including conceptual plans, reports, diagrams, detailed design, and construction documents.
- Reviews local building codes and requirements in the preparation of drawing packages
- Engage actively in design coordination and drawing review (quality control), including the correction of red lines
Project Management duties:
- Maintains up‐to‐date and accurate project record filling
- Assists with tracking project fees and time spent of team
- Assists with input to billing schedule
- Leads and organizes teams, tasks, information
- Manages and coordinates sub‐consultants
- Manages client communication as primary contact
- Monitors client satisfaction against service
- Leads client and consultant meetings
- Participates in and leads (as may be required) client and consultant meetings
Salary: Competitive and commensurate with experience
Please send your CV and portfolio (max 6MB) to email@example.com
Unfortunately, we are only able to respond to shortlisted candidates.
No agencies please.
Martha Schwartz Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Competitive and commensurate with experience
New York City
Number of Positions: