Posted: Wednesday, May 19, 2021
Dynamic landscape design firm in Brooklyn with a diverse portfolio a commitment to sustainable practices is seeking an associate designer who is passionate, hard‐working and highly skilled. Must be able to excel at all aspects of the practice ‐ ranging from concept design to technical documentation with strong oral, written and visual communication skills.
- Oversee projects through planning, scheduling and monitoring critical milestones to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget
- Manage large projects with complex scopes or multiple projects at the same time
- Help to manage staff designers on related projects and provide mentorship where appropriate
- Produce or oversee production of concept, schematic and design development sketches to review with principal
- Produce or oversee production of construction document plans, sections and details
- Provide technical oversight on projects ‐ ensuring that codes, standards, and project requirements are met
- Provide technical assistance to design staff if issues arise related to on graphic and technical documentation
- Work with principal to develop project specifications
- Manage construction administration for projects ‐ review submittals, conduct site visits and develop site reports with principal oversight, as needed
- Correspond by email, in person or on the phone with clients & consultants
- Attend client and consultant meetings to present design packages and collaborate with the project team
- Participate in weekly staff meeting to discuss schedule and staff resources
- Bachelor or Master in Landscape Architecture from an accredited University program.
- Demonstrated experience in construction administration and agency review protocol
- Dependable, hard‐working, passionate, self‐directed
- Detailed‐oriented with strong organizational skills
- Experience working on complex projects with multiple variables in a variety of environments
- Skilled at multitasking and working toward multiple deadlines
- Five to eight years of experience working with a fast‐paced, collaborative design environment
- Strong presentation skills in computer graphic communication is critical (fast freehand plan, section and vignette sketching a plus)
- High level of proficiency in Adobe Suite and AutoCAD
At the forefront of a national design movement focusing on establishing place and identity through ecological design, Future Green’s work focuses on innovative strategies of integrating landscape into the built environment. We are a unique company, engaging in both speculative, urban, large scale landscape urbanism projects as well as small scale garden and art interventions.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and portfolio. No calls please.
Future Green is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Red Hook, Brooklyn NY 11231
Number of Positions: