Dynamic landscape design firm in Brooklyn with a diverse portfolio and a commitment to sustainable practices is seeking an Associate Designer who is passionate, hard‐working and highly skilled. Must have 7‐10 years of professional experience and be able to excel at all aspects of the practice – including overseeing a team of designers, managing clients, and have technical expertise in construction documentation and administration.
As a key member of the leadership team, the applicant should actively and positively contribute to the overall management and creative direction of the firm. Applicant should possess an outstanding design portfolio and be an equally effective project manager and communicator with both clients and colleagues. Applicant will have experience being accountable for financial performance of their team’s projects and delivering high‐quality design to clients. Applicant must be a person of high integrity with a passion for social responsibility and sustainability.
– Represent Future Green at client meetings and communicate our services, portfolio and vision
– Participate in the development of the firm’s vision and provide strategic direction for new projects and partners
– Supervise and mentor staff designers
– Oversee projects through planning, scheduling and monitoring critical milestones to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget
– Provide technical oversight on projects ‐ ensuring that codes, standards, and project requirements are met
– Manage construction administration process for multiple on-going projects
– Attend client meetings to present design packages, understand client needs, and coordinate with other project consultants
– Ensure that working methods are efficient and adhered to by design team
– Make presentations to local and regional audiences to promote firm goals
– Dependable, hard‐working, passionate, self‐directed
– Detailed‐oriented with strong organizational skills
– Experienced at working on complex projects with many variables in both public and private environments
– Skilled at multi-tasking and working toward multiple deadlines
– Competent working in a fast‐paced, collaborative design environment
– Proficient in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite
At the forefront of a national design movement focusing on establishing place and identity through ecological design, Future Green’s work focuses on innovative strategies of integrating landscape into the built environment. We are a unique company, engaging in both speculative, urban, large scale landscape urbanism projects as well as small scale garden and art interventions.
Please apply by submitting resume and portfolio via our jobs portal.