APE Studio – Project Manager, Playgrounds
Posted: Monday, June 26, 2023
APE Studio is seeking a Project Manager to oversee various park-playground projects from conception to completion. You will play a key role in active projects at our playground planning and sales firm. Together with our international partner, Richter Spielgeräte GmbH, we collaborate with landscape architects and other park planners to create some of the most beloved and award-winning playgrounds across North America. Visit our website at www.apeoriginal.com to learn more about our work and approach.
APE Studio team members enjoy a productive work-life balance, with opportunities for travel and professional development. Compensation will be commensurate with the applicant’s experience.
- Provide the administration and coordination of activities for the design development and implementation of complex and highly visible park-playground construction projects
- Make decisions on key coordination aspects of phasing and scheduling project planning, design and construction.
- Monitor schedules and take appropriate actions to ensure that the company’s scope is completed on schedule, within approved cost limitations, and to the customers’ satisfaction
- Create and administer order documentation and fulfillment from estimate through final sale and close-out
- Review and comment on scopes and compile bid proposals
- Create and manage project budgets using Excel
- Provide ongoing interface with design partners (Richter in Germany and landscape architects), code consultants, contractors, construction managers/superintendents, and, where applicable, engineers; routinely interact with client senior managers by giving status updates
- Ensure organization of physical and digital project records
- Work with design partners and contractors regarding change orders, interpretation of contract documents, shop drawing submittals/approvals and other technical matters as required to ensure the delivery of a structurally sound, compliant, and aesthetic play space
- Review contractors’ claims or disputed work and advise senior management as to appropriate action. Compile contract and project documentation necessary for adjudicating or denying such claims
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3 years of full-time experience as a project manager or technical specialist in one or more construction- and design- related fields
- Minimum 1 year experience managing all phases of construction work
- Must be proficient in project software including MS Office and CAD. Capabilities in Twin Motion, Adobe Design Suite, and CRM software are a plus.
Job Type: Full-time, Hybrid, Monday-Friday
Benefits: 401(k), Medical, Dental, Vision
$70,000 - $75,000
New York City
Number of Positions: