AECOM – Landscape Architecture Designer IV
Posted: Friday, February 2, 2024
Work with Us. Change the World.
At AECOM, we’re delivering a better world. Whether improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water, or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive. We are the world’s trusted infrastructure consulting firm, partnering with clients to solve the world’s most complex challenges and build legacies for future generations.
There has never been a better time to be at AECOM. With accelerating infrastructure investment worldwide, our services are in great demand. We invite you to bring your bold ideas and big dreams and become part of a global team of nearly 50,000 planners, designers, engineers, scientists, digital innovators, program and construction managers and other professionals delivering projects that create a positive and tangible impact around the world.
We’re one global team driven by our common purpose to deliver a better world. Join us.
AECOM is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Mid-Level to Senior-Level Landscape Architect/Designer for immediate employment in the New York City Landscape Architecture + Urban Design Studio. The studio is based in AECOM’s Industry City location in Manhattan office in New York. AECOM is proud to provide our employees with exciting, challenging projects.
The Landscape Architecture and Urban Design portfolio in the New York City studio includes a broad range of urban-based, multidisciplinary public realm projects, such as plazas, streetscapes, parks, waterfronts, infrastructure, urban design plans, master-planning, green infrastructure, and ecological restoration. In collaboration with design studio leadership, the candidate will work closely with project design teams and project landscape architects, managers and designers to design and assist in the execution of projects within the New York City metropolitan area, nationally and internationally. Projects in the studio are design-driven and involve close collaboration with engineers, planners, cost estimators, and other technical consultants.
Under the direction of the Supervising Landscape Architect, may independently perform advanced design and technical assignments of various complexities within approved schedules and budgets.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Perform design work of landscape architecture studio
- Participate at client and agency meetings
- Perform construction documentation / administration
- Performing basic landscape architecture calculations
- Preparing specifications, reports and related data tables
- Preparing, reviewing, and approving drawings as required
- Maintaining liaison with design and drafting groups
AECOM’s Buildings + Places practice includes architecture, interiors, building engineering, workplace strategy, business transformation, asset advisory, economics and development planning, master planning, urban planning, and landscape architecture. With a range of expertise from strategy and design through project realization, we create better outcomes to grow economies, protect natural systems, conserve natural resources, make societies more equitable, and connect and engage people through innovative, sustainable design solutions. Our teams have worked on signature projects such as the London 2012 Olympic Park and Legacy Framework, to the new plan for the LA2028 Olympics, to industrial facilities for GE and Rolls-Royce, to headquarters and workplaces for NASA, Unilever, Sony Music, DirecTV, Box, Inc., and many Fortune 500 companies.
Minimum Requirements :
- BA/BS in Landscape Architecture plus 6 of relevant experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
Preferred Qualifications :
- Professional experience in production and digital rendering with AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, and Rhino
- Master’s degree in Landscape Architecture
- 10 years of relevant experience in Landscape Architecture or demonstrated equivalency of experience
- Experience in Microstation, Grasshopper, Revit, ArcGIS, and other computer applications
- Experience preparing construction documents
- Possesses the skills to generate exceptional two-dimensional and three-dimensional design graphics
- Ability to effectively manage time and self-edit work
- Proficiency and passion for creating compelling open space design, with an ability to develop the work through the technical design phase
- Excellent verbal, written, and graphic communication skills
- Possesses the ability to collaborate as part of a diverse studio team
- Construction administration experience
- Strong knowledge/interest in plant materials
- Relocation assistance is not available for this role
- Sponsorship is available for this role
- Offered rate of compensation (NY locations only) will be based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location The salary range for this position typically is $100,000-$128,000
- AECOM is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits program to meet the diverse needs of our employees. Depending on your employment status, AECOM benefits may include medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D and disability benefits, paid time off, leaves of absence, voluntary benefits, perks, wellness and global well-being, and global EAP, Business Travel and Service Awards programs
AECOM is the world’s trusted infrastructure consulting firm, delivering professional services throughout the project lifecycle – from advisory, planning, design and engineering to program and construction management. On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, new energy and the environment, our public- and private-sector clients trust us to solve their most complex challenges. Our teams are driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world through our unrivaled technical and digital expertise, a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion, and a commitment to environmental, social and governance priorities. AECOM is a Fortune 500 firm and its Professional Services business had revenue of $13.1 billion in fiscal year 2022. See how we are delivering sustainable legacies for generations to come at aecom.com and @AECOM.
Freedom to Grow in a World of Opportunity
You will have the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We’re the world’s trusted global infrastructure firm, and we’re in this together – your growth and success are ours too.
Join us, and you’ll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm – access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Business Line: B&P – Buildings & Places
Business Group: DCS
Strategic Business Unit: East
Career Area: Design
Work Location Model: Hybrid
New York, NY
Number of Positions: