The Future of the Urban Jungle: Creating a Resilient Workforce (Day 1: Virtual)
Gardens are dynamic spaces that improve our mental and physical health, provide beauty, build ecosystems, increase the value of our communities, and grace us with endless environmental benefits. Without dedicated stewards, these spaces lack the care they desperately need in order to thrive.
Join us we kick off our annual horticulture symposium, The Future of the Urban Jungle: Creating a Resilient Workforce, with a day of virtual programming over Zoom that is centered around growing our green community to become more resilient, diverse, and mindful.
The day’s discussions will include:
- MSPC Introduction: People and the Green Industry
- Building a New Generation of Green Stewards
- featuring Mae Lin Plummer, IDEA Center for Public Horticulture
- Making an Impact: Advancing Employee Development
- featuring Nick Lazio, 2022 Longwood Fellow
- Case Studies and Panel
- featuring Green City Force (Tonya Gayle), Tri-Lox (Alexander Bender), Brooklyn Woods (Scott Peltzer) and The HOPE Program (Renee Ruhl)