Join the ASLA-NY DEI Committee and Build Out Alliance to hear from a panel sharing their experiences on being out as LGBTQ+ while practicing Landscape Architecture.
Building Stories: Out in Landscape is the third installment to the Building Stories series. We have brought together LGBTQ+ individuals from the field of landscape architecture to discuss what diversity and acceptance in the workplace means to them. Through a moderated conversation by Build Out Alliance & ASLA-NY DEI Committee, the panel will discuss the unique challenges and opportunities they have faced being LGBTQ+ individuals, how they have seen the profession’s attitude evolve over time, and how they live their lives with pride in the workplace. Through these stories, we will learn some of the challenges the LGBTQ+ community faces, hear how conversations can be different between colleagues and clients, and obtain a better understanding of how our employers support and protect LGBTQ+ employees.
- Melinda Koo, architect @ EDG (Co-Moderator)
- Adrian Smith, landscape architect @ NYC Parks (Co-Moderator)
- Ricardo Hinkle, landscape architect @ NYC Parks
- Sami Sikanas, landscape architect @ Marvel
- Gonzalo Cruz, landscape architect @ AECOM
- Steven Lee, landscape architect @ SWA
- Katrina Majewski, landscape architect @ Prototype
This event is taking place both in person, at WSP USA, One Pennsylvania Plaza, New York, NY and virtually. Register below.