AIANY + ASLANY are now accepting submissions for the 2019 Transportation + Infrastructure Design Excellence Awards. These awards recognize exceptional design by AIA and ASLA members working in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, and Pennsylvania. The awards program is open to registered architects, landscape architects, and planners.
Built and unbuilt projects will be reviewed for their innovative design approaches to transportation and infrastructure. AIANY + ASLANY will recognize projects that reflect a commitment to sustainability, community engagement, and civic architecture.
Students enrolled in, and recent graduates (2019 graduation year), of an accredited architecture, landscape architecture, and planning programs are also eligible.
- Structures – recognizes design excellence in commissioned and completed buildings, bridges, tunnels, and mixed-use development
- Planning- seeks the most compelling work and ideas in urban planning, studies, design guides, advocacy, and regional scale planning. Commissioned and completed master plans and planning reports are also eligible.
- Open Space – recognizes design excellence in parks, constructed wetlands, and resilient sites.
- Projects – recognizes conceptual, unfinished, or unbuilt work. If an entry is awarded under this category, it will not be eligible for a future award once project has been realized.
- Student Award – recognizes excellence in a project from the three categories above: Structures, Planning, and Open Space.
Award Levels for all Categories
- Honor Award – Represents the highest level of achievement
- Merit Award – Represents distinguished achievement
- Citation – Represents exemplary achievements on specific project aspects.
- Best in Competition – Jurors will select one entry among the Honor Award winners to receive this unique recognition
For additional information and to submit, click here